Wax Museum

Wax Museum
Vistors listen to students and view keynotes at the "Wax Museum."

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Technology Improves Reading Skills

Last year, my students increased their reading skills by thirty percent on the state reading assessment. The only change that I made in my classroom was integrating technology. Over the next few weeks my classroom will be reading the Novel "Blood on the River Jamestown 1607" by Elisa Carbone. I will post activities and projects that my students complete on this site, so others can see how technology is used in a tech rich classroom.

One of the first things we will do is visit the author's website and read her bio. http://www.elisacarbone.com/bio.html After students read the author's bio, they will write their own bio. I will model this before students write their own version. Then they will read chapter 1-3 in the book.

1 comment:

Travelin' Tim said...

That's great! It's nice to see what technology can do, but it's even nicer to know what it can do for the students. Sounds like that grant is doing wonderful things for the students!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed