Wax Museum

Wax Museum
Vistors listen to students and view keynotes at the "Wax Museum."

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blogging

Today students examined their blog post. I showed them my personal blog as well as other online blogs. I pointed out specifics about blogging. I made a point to show them that blogging is not texting, and that formal language is always used in a blog. (I did this because many of my students were using texting in their blog post.)

After reading chapter ten silently, they were assigned to summarize the chapter in five sentences on their blog post today. I will use this posting as a grade for students. I will grade students on content and their use of formal language. My goal is to teach summarizing and for students to realize that blogging is not texting.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed