Wax Museum

Wax Museum
Vistors listen to students and view keynotes at the "Wax Museum."

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Adding A Little Twist To An Old Experiment

Most of you have probably heard of or done the egg drop experiment with your class. You know the one-students design a container to protect an egg when dropped from a high place.

To introduce this investigation, I found several excellent video clips of the experiment on youtube.com. Here is one of the videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb1uduZcvY4
I shared this video with my class; then let them design their own investigation.

As students dropped the eggs, I had other classmates take pictures of them with the digital cameras.

The new twist was integrating the technology. Not all technology integration has to be a huge event.

1 comment:

Felisha Seward said...

I am glad to hear you say that, "Not all technology integration has to be a huge event." I have to complete this Unit lesson plan for my Technology for Teachers course and I'm was thinking I need to incorporate technology in my lesson in a major way.. I think that sometimes I over think things...which makes things harder on me. I really enjoyed reading your blog. Have a Blessed day.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed