Wax Museum

Wax Museum
Vistors listen to students and view keynotes at the "Wax Museum."

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Using Interactive White Boards

In my opinion every technology rich classroom should include an interactive white board. It is just one more avenue to engage students in learning. They can be used in all subject areas, and are extremely easy to use.

This week I made a Tic Tac Toe game for reading; then used it in a small group situation. I could have very easily used it with my whole class as well.

Students reviewed text structure today by using the Promethean Board and the activotes. I divided the small group of six into two teams. Students took turns reading the text. As a team they had to decide the text structure; then they used the acitvotes to select their answer. My rule was everyone on the team had to have the correct answer before they could put a game piece on the Tic Tac Toe game. If one team did not get the answer correct, the other team could vote on the answer and steal a turn. Kids loved using the activotes and moving the game pieces on the borad.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed